- We will monitor your repayment record during the life of the loan and take appropriate action where there are signs of actual or possible repayment difficulties in accordance with our obligations under our agreement with the government for participating in this Scheme.
- Where we identify a borrower as vulnerable or have reason to believe that a borrower may be vulnerable, appropriate adjustments may be made to ensure that the borrower’s circumstances are accommodated throughout the duration of the loan.
- Upon default by a borrower, we agree that we will give the borrower a reasonable period to remedy any breach and will not treat the same as an event of default if it is remedied to our satisfaction by the borrower within this period.
- We will not require the borrower to pay any fees charged by us of any description (including on default) or any default interest (except that we will continue to charge interest at 2.5% per annum if the loan is not repaid when due until such time as it is repaid).
- We will pay due regard to your information needs and provide information to you in a way which is clear, fair and not misleading.
- We will provide each borrower with the following information in relation to their loan during the term of the loan
- timely and clear information that enables a borrower to understand that, where they fail to make payments under the loan, the amount missed, what can be done to remedy the missed payments, in what timescales, and the impact (if any) on future repayments;
- upon default by the borrower, information about any proposed action we may take in respect of the loan, prior to us taking such action;
- regular information about the loan (on at least an annual basis) in the form of a statement setting out details of the payment transactions on the loan during the period since such information was provided and amounts outstanding under the loan; and
- information on options available to the borrower for help and assistance, including sources of free independent advice.
- The BBLS guarantee is provided to your lender and not to you. You remain responsible for repaying the whole of this loan at all times and if you fail to do so this may negatively impact your credit score or rating with credit rating agencies.
- We are committed to providing you with the best possible service. Although most of our customers are happy with the service, they receive from us, we know that sometimes we don’t get it right first time. We do take complaints very seriously and always apologise for mistakes or instances when customer service does not meet our high standards.
- The Financial Ombudsman Service is an independent organisation which helps to resolve complaints that customers and financial institutions haven’t been able to resolve themselves. If you are not satisfied with our response, or if we’ve been unable to resolve your complaint within eight weeks, 15 calendar days for payment related complaints, you can refer the matter to them.
Further information can be found online on Managing Your Complaints
You can also download a copy of our Complaint Handling PDF