Sometimes, gambling can get out of control. We’ve all seen the slogan ‘when the fun stops, stop’ but sometimes, it’s easier said than done.
If you feel your gambling is getting out of control. Don’t worry. You’re not alone. There are lots of great organisations that can provide support and we are here for you too.
Gambling support organisations
- GamCare - GamCare run the National Gambling Helpline. They can provide free advice, information and support for anyone affected by gambling. This also includes friends or family of someone who is having trouble with gambling. You can contact them for free on 0808 8020 133
- Gamblers Anonymous (England & Wales) / Gamblers Anonymous (Scotland) - through Gamblers Anonymous you can speak to other individuals who have experienced gambling related problems. There is no membership fee and you can speak with someone online or through their web chat service. They also provide a short survey to help you understand if your gambling might be getting out of control.
- Gamstop - Gamstop provide a free service that, once you register, will prevent you from gambling with any UK websites or apps for a period of time that you choose. To register you need to supply your postcode, date of birth and email address. You can choose to exclude yourself for 6 months, 1 year or 5 years. Within 24 hours your self-exclusion will be active.
Self-exclusion on Betting sites
Alongside Gamstop, all betting companies in the UK are required to provide you with self-exclusion options. These allow you to exclude yourself from areas of the site or app for a period of your choosing. These exclusion tools can often be found within the ‘your account’ section on each website you use.
If you are worried about the impact of your gambling on your finances, we can support you. Give one of our specialist support teams a call so we can understand your situation and look for ways to help you get back on track.
- Current Accounts team0800 234 6212We’re here from 8am - 5pm Monday to Friday, 8am – 4.30pm Saturday.
- Mortgage team0800 141 2301We’re here from 8am – 6.30pm Monday to Friday, 8am – 4.30pm Saturday.
- Credit Card / Loan team0800 141 2261We’re here from 8am - 9pm Monday to Friday, 8am - 5pm Saturday.
You can also get advice from a number of charities or not-for-profit organisations (like the ones listed below).
Calls to 0800 numbers are free from personal mobile phones and residential UK landlines. Calls will be monitored and recorded.